Pages

September 12, 2014

Bridal Shower in Oregon!

Last weekend I was back in Oregon for one of my best friend's bridal shower and bachelorette party. It was great to be home for a long weekend to visit my parents and celebrate Ashley. I have had a lot of time of my hands since finishing AmeriCorps in July for all my projects and DIYs. Did I set a lot of projects out for myself? Probably, but I had a lot of fun with all of them! For this post I am pretty much going to just post pictures and some short descriptions. If anyone is interested in detailed tutorials I can always write one :)

These were some of my inspiration pictures from Pinterest
4. Born & Bread 5. Unknown (let me know if you know the source!)

This was my version of the entrance sign. Originally I was going to make it a sandwich board and have a thank you message on the other side, but I ran out of time. Oh well...I think it still turned out pretty well! 

You can't totally tell from here, but the big letters on the table are covered in glitter. The fabric banner is made of lace, tulle, burlap and two different gold ribbons. The paper banner that says dessert is made of different coordinating scrapbook papers. I cut the letters out of white card stock and glued them onto the scrapbook paper.


I made a set of bridal themed sugar cookies to eat during the shower. I made a bunch of wedding dresses for favors, but I didn't get a picture of the cookies at the shower :(


Some of the cookies hadn't completely dried by the time I packed them for my flight to Oregon and got a little smashed during the trip. I ended up doing a bit of the details in Oregon which worked out pretty well.  


Two of the games we played were blind cheese and wine tasting games. The guests had the opportunity to taste five different cheeses and five different wines and the people with the most correct guesses won.


I made little signs with types of cheeses, varietals of wine and regions of wine to assist guests with their guesses.




Below are the scorecards I designed. They were front and back so each person just needed one card.


You can kind of see the "D" wine cork in the background that I made to go along with the wine game. All of the personalized and gold decor was my shower gift to Ashley. I intentionally incorporated gold into the shower since I knew it was one of her wedding colors :)


I was personally really happy with how the paper banners turned out. Also if you happen to have a silhouette machine they would be super easy to make since you wouldn't have to cut the letters by hand.


Gifts! Also my mom picked up all of the flowers from the Salem farmer's market and they were already arranged. Score!


The date banner is just burlap rectangles that I painted her wedding date on. The doily banner is just paper doilies folded in half and glued together. Both easy peasy!



Ashley and me! We have been friends since 3rd grade and I can't imagine life with out her! Love you Ash!!


I'm so glad my mom and I got a picture together since it seems like we often don't at events like this.


It was so great to see old friends and catch up on life. Ashley's sister-in-law Melissa made some wonderful food that was devoured. 


Guests were a little hesitant with the wine and cheese games at first, but I think everyone had fun in the end.




Opening presents is always a fun part of any shower!


Nathan's (the groom) aunts were able to come to the shower as well. It was fun getting to hear about Nathan from all of them.


As I said before, I forgot to get a picture of the wedding dress cookie favors and the champagne bottle guest book :( However, I did remember to take a picture of the cookies at my parents house before they were all packaged and displayed.


Later that night the bridesmaids that were in town went out to dinner and up to Portland for the Bachelorette Party!


Overall it was a great weekend at home that was filled with friends and family. I took a red eye flight back Sunday and Monday finished up some new hire requirements for my new JOB! I start Monday September 15th as a Teacher Assistant with Head Start here in Nashville. I am really excited to start working again...although you may not have know I wasn't working. I am sure I will have more to write about the new job in the coming weeks!

I hope you enjoyed reading about the shower and maybe got some inspiration for an event or party you have coming up. As I said before, if you would like more details or a tutorial on one of the DIYs just let me know :)



No comments:

Post a Comment