Pages

November 5, 2017

Fall Sugar Cookies & Cookie Decorating Class

A few weeks ago when I posted the fall cookies that I had made I said that I would upload the video of my Instagram stories with the how-to/instructional videos I posted. So here is the 14 and a half minute video in all of it's glory. I do not claim to be a master cookie decorator or vlogger, but there are a lot of good basics covered in the video.



The blogger that I mention a few times is Sweet Sugar Belle I use her cookie recipe, royal icing recipe, and I used a tutorial of hers for the fall icing colors.

These are the finished cookies from the video:






Cookie Decorating Class

Now I have also had quite a few people ask about learning how to decorate cookies and I thought why not put together a little class before Christmas. As I said before, I am not a master cookie decorator, but I am able to teach the basics so that you could go and decorate cookies on your own. During the class/workshop you will learn about the basics of cookie decorating: coloring icing, icing consistency, piping, flooding, wet on wet decorating, marbling, and wet on dry decorating. I will bake cookies and make royal icing ahead of time. We would decorate Christmas cookies that you could recreate on your own before Christmas and because Christmas cookies are some of the most fun to decorate! 
These are some of the Christmas cookies that I made a few years ago. We would be learning the techniques needed to make similar cookies. You would be going home with similar designs of cookies.  


My plan is that you will go home with:

  • 6-10 decorated cookies (along the lines of those pictured above)
  • Cookie and royal icing recipes
  • A few basic cookie decorating tools
  • The skills to decorate your own sugar cookies!

I am thinking of a Saturday morning 9-12 and then if people want to stay longer decorating cookies there is that option and if people have to go then that works too. Right now I am thinking either Nov. 25th (Saturday after Thanksgiving) or December 9th. This is a link to a survey to vote on a date if you are interested. I would charge $30 to cover the supplies and ingredients. Feel free to call, text or message me if you are interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment