Pages

January 26, 2014

Back Into Blogging!

Well hello again! Somehow 6 months have flown by since I last posted and Gavin and I have been so busy. I know that I have said this before, but I really am trying to get back into the swing of blogging consistently. I have some things coming up that I am pretty excited about! There will be some DIY posts, recaps and Gavin is going to start guest posting.

Here is a quick recap of things that have happened in the last 6 months:

June: CMA Fest was amazing with my parents, Garret (Gavin's twin) and Lynn (one of my very good friends from home) coming out for the whole long weekend. We also went out to California again for one of my dear college friend's wedding in San Luis Obispo. My birthday, our anniversary and a visit from Gavin's sister and her husband were also in the mix of things!


CMA Fest


Meeting Kip Moore


Drinks made by Craig Campbell


Out to dinner for our anniversary


Julia's Bachelorette Party


At the wedding


Dinner at Red Pony for my birthday. Yummmm


July: Was much more low key just being in Nashville. We spent a rainy 4th of July around downtown Nashville and saw The Band Perry for free! Gavin's birthday was the first time he has been apart from his twin Garret on their birthday. I also baked Gavin a 10 pound cake. We took a weekend trip down to Atlanta and stayed with Gavin's Aunt and Uncle. We got to experience some Atlanta originals including Sweet Water Brewing, The Varsity, and Coca-Cola. Gavin also traveled for work to New Jersey and Michigan.

Cake I made for our church 4th of July Picnic


I got to meet Kellie Pickler!


The Band Perry


Sweet Water Brewing


The Varsity


The World of Coca-Cola


August: I got my current job as an AmeriCorps member at the PENCIL Foundation here in Nashville! I am serving in a program called PACE (PENCIL Academic and Career Enrichment) doing an after school program with Metro Middle School Students. We also went to a free Jake Owen concert. Yep, we love Nashville!

Jake Owen Concert


September: Gavin and I visited Danica (Gavin's sister) and her husband in Virginia. We went to an Oregon Ducks football game while we were there as well (GO DUCKS!). Our sweet niece Harper was born on September 10th, just a few days after we left. I started programming with students after school the second week of September.


Oregon vs. Virginia


Brunch with Danica and Gary


October: Was also a really low key month. We both were in the full swing of things with work. We started the month off by going to an amazing intimate Switchfoot concert. I went on a women's retreat with our church. It was a great weekend away from everything to connect with other women in the church and grow deeper in my relationship with Jesus. Towards the end of the month Gavin and I drove over to Memphis for a Jason Aldean and Jake Owen concert. Gavin even got to meet Jason Aldean!


Switchfoot Concert


At the Jason Aldean and Jake Owen Concert


Jason Alean Performing


November: The month started off with a benefit concert put on by Dierks Bentley. Brett Eldredge, Easton Corbin, Jake Owen and Luke Bryan all played in addition to Dierks Bentley who played for almost an hour! Yep, we love Nashville! We went out to Virginia for Thanksgiving and had a wonderful long weekend visiting family and our adorable niece.


Brett Eldredge performing


Our Thanksgiving Dinner


Gavin and Harper


December: Seemed like it flew by! We had Gavin's work Christmas party in downtown Nashville and like last year it was a great night. Our young married's group had a Christmas party the next week that was a fun night of food and games. Then the next week we flew to California! I am going to do a little more detailed recap of our west coast travels tomorrow.


Before Gavin's work Christmas Party


Playing Games at the Young Married's Christmas Party




Wow! I had forgotten how many fun things we did this year! Here is to many more amazing memories with friends and family in 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment