Pages

February 5, 2013

Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies!

I always know I have found a good cookie recipe when I take the cookies to a party and don't take any home. I made these cookies to take to a Super Bowl party at a couple of Gavin's co-workers place and brought home a very empty plate! I hope you give these yummy cookies a try soon. They definitely satisfy a craving for a good chocolate cookie!

1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
3/4 cup Firmly Packed Light Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted (the recipe called for Dutch-processed, but I just used plain old Hersey's and they came out fine)
1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 sticks Unsalted Butter
1 Large Egg
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

1. Preheat over to 350 F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, granulated sugar and cocoa power. Whisk together. Add all of the chocolate chips.

3. Melt butter on the stove or in the microwave. Whisk in the egg and vanilla extract. Add all dry ingredients and stir until well combined. I had to use my hands and then end to get it all combined.

4. Place a generous tablespoon full 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Flatten each ball before placing on the pan. (This helps the dough to spread out and make flatter cookies while baking).

5. Bake until the tops are cracked and dry, about 12 minutes (it was more like 15 for me). They will be soft on top and in the middle, but will firm upon cooling. Slide cookies onto racks to cool completely. Yields approx. 30 cookies (I think I got 32).

Recipe from A Baker's Field Guide to Chocolate Chip Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment