Pages

April 1, 2013

He is Risen! Amen!

Happy Easter! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter Sunday rejoicing in the fact that Jesus paid the ultimate cost for each of us and then rose from the dead to be seated in heaven! It is celebrating times like these that makes me think I should make it a priority to be celebrating the death and resurrection of Jesus every day of my life. For it is through Him that we may have life!


The young marrieds group that we have joined at church had an Easter egg decorating afternoon a week before church. Everyone was asked to bring a side and I decided to bake and decorate a cake. I got the idea of how to decorate it off of Pinterest (of course) and ran with it. All of the decorations were made out of chocolate melting wafers and it was fairly simple. Also I am happy to report it went over really well with everyone. The cake itself was lemon cake with strawberry filling and homemade buttercream frosting. Yummm!


Gavin and I had a great day yesterday celebrating Easter with our new church family and just the two of us at home. After we got home from church I had a few surprises up my sleeve! I had played Easter Bunny earlier in the week and made us Easter baskets as well as picked up some plastic eggs to have a little egg hunt. We ended up hiding eggs for each other around the apartment and had fun reliving our childhoods. 


For dinner I made rack of lamb with thin parmesan potatoes and green beans. It was my first time cooking rack of lamb, but Gavin and I thought it came out really well! I made a fresh herb crust and then roasted it in the oven. We even got a little fancy and broke out the china for dinner. Overall, it was a great Sunday celebrating the work of Jesus on the cross and his resurrection!



No comments:

Post a Comment