Pages

April 29, 2013

Painting and Wine Tasting

I'm really excited to share a couple of projects I have been working on lately! I am not an artist so I was a little nervous to take on painting, but these projects are ones that even non-artists can do. The first project is one that I am planning on hanging in the kitchen.


I am really happy with how they came out and they were fairly easy. If you have the patience to trace the state outline and then paint in the lines, then you can make these!


This is the second project I have been working on. I had a custom a wall vinyl of Romans 12:12 that I am going to place over the painting once I am happy with it. It isn't quite done yet and is waiting for me to put the finishing touches on. Eventually it is going to hang above our bed.



Yesterday we went out to Arrington Vineyards to taste their wines and have a little picnic. Their grounds were very nice and had many picnic tables for people to use. I have to say though, we were underwhelmed by their wines. Also at the tasting bar it seemed like they were just trying to pour quickly and get the groups done as fast as they could rather than engage the people who are tasting. However, Gavin and my expectations were fairly low going in and they were met. I don't think we would take people who are visiting out there unless they really wanted to go to a winery.



In other news we bought Gavin a guitar!! He is loving having a guitar in the house again and I am loving listening to him play.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment