Pages

February 4, 2014

Our Quiet Superbowl

Gavin and I didn't have plans for the Super Bowl this Sunday, which was actually a little strange for us. However, I was not going to complain about having a relaxing Sunday evening at home with my husband and happening to have the Super Bowl on. 

Earlier in the weekend we had some of my co-workers over for dinner and drinks and we came up with a delicious cocktail: Blackberry and Mint Tom Collins. It is pretty darn yummy! So of course, I had to make a few for myself on Sunday. It is really simple and the recipe is below. 


Blackberry and Mint Tom Collins

Ingredients:
4 to 6 Blackberries
5 to 8 Mint Leaves
1/2 ounce to 1 ounce Simple Syrup
1/2 ounces of Lemon Juice
1 1/2 ounces Gin (I like tanqueray or Hendricks, but use your favorite!)
Soda Water

Directions:
1. Put mint, blackberries and simple syrup in glass and muddle. 
2. Add the lemon juice and gin and stir. 
3. Top with soda water to your taste preference.
4. Garnish with mint or blackberries. 

You can adjust the amount of all the ingredients to suit your taste. Want a sweeter drink? Add more simple syrup. Want a strong drink? Add more gin. Also you could easily make this drink with rum, tequila, or vodka if you prefer one of those spirits over gin. Part of the fun of making cocktails like this is experimenting and figuring out what you like. Now go and experiment!

As I was saying earlier, we had a simple and quiet Super Bowl at home. For the first half we had a healthy spread of fruit, veggies, hummus and peanut butter. 


But then for the second half I busted out the big guns: chorizo stuffed bacon wrapped dates. I will have to do a post about those soon because they are delicious!

We had the game on, but I ended up reading most of the game and watching some commercials and the half-time show. I must say, this years super bowl was a little underwhelming. 

What did your Super Bowl Sunday look like?




No comments:

Post a Comment