Pages

May 29, 2013

Visiting California: Round One

Gavin and I got back yesterday from a wonderful weekend in California with his family celebrating Andrew (Gavin's brother) and Kathleen's wedding.

One of the first things we did after we landed was grab some In-N-Out and it was possibly the best In-N-Out meal I have ever had! Then we drove up to Grass Valley where the wedding was going to take place. The rehearsal took place Friday night and we had a delicious tri-tip dinner that was prepared by Gavin's parents.


It only seemed right that we went shooting at a marine wedding.



I made some coordinating craft wrapping paper to make some cute packages. I used these stencils from the Martha Stewart collection.


Exchanging Rings


First Dance


A quick kiss after cutting the cake.


Brothers!


This is one of my favorite pictures of the two of us since we have been married.


On the drive down to Gavin's parents' house I had to take a picture of the golden California landscape since it is such a stark contrast to the green hill of Tennessee that we have become used to. We spent a relaxing couple of days at my in-laws house and enjoyed spending time with family.


Before we went to the airport we had to stop at In-N-Out one last time! Oh how I wish they had In-N-Outs here in the South!


We ended up having to sleep in the Chicago Midway airport on our way back to Nashville. The weather was so bad that we had to land in Milwaukee and were there for about 3 hours. By the time we got to Midway the last flight to Nashville had already left. So, we toughed it out and slept on the floor. I think we are going to try to avoid a stop in Midway from now on!

Next on the docket are my parents visiting and we are going to go up to Kentucky to do the Kentucky Bourbon Trail!




No comments:

Post a Comment